Welcome to Faistesvacances !
1. Active holidays for enthusiasts
Faistesvacances is the first holiday-village in Europe where everyone can develop his hobbies and passions. We invite you to discover our open-course holidays where absolutely everything is included.
We are located in Doucy, in the heart of Alps, only 6 hours from Paris.
More than 60 courses are programmed each week, allowing you to take part in as many activities as you would like in one single location.
Faistesvacances is ideal for people travelling alone as well as families or group of friends.
2. Learn French on holiday
We offer you an immersion vacation where you can learn or improve your French while discovering new activities in a relaxed atmosphere:
- Courses with French instructors and fellows in various fields (music, singing, theater, relaxation or sports)
- French classes with enthusiast teachers
- English and German speaking coordinators to make you feel comfortable in every step of your stay
3. All-inclusive formula
The price includes the following:
- Unlimited access to the courses, thanks to our partner “Université des Passions” - enrollment on site.
- Restoration full-board (including breakfast)
- Free access to equipment (swimming pool, tennis courts, spa, stage rooms)
- Bedding (sheets and pillow cases)
- Cleaning and housekeeping at the end of your stay
1. Does the village rate include all expenses?
Our rates include the lodgings that you choose, all the courses, workshops and evening events as well as meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
For some workshops, the most expensive materials are payable to the course leader. The activities organized by local agencies that take place off site also require an additional charge. The “taxe de séjour” (occupancy tax) of 0.90 € per person per day is to be paid upon arrival.
2. What do you offer, that is not offered by other holiday resorts?
All holiday resorts are places to relax, meet people and share passions, interests and know-how. We put particular emphasis on the exchange of interests and skills. This is what makes us different. We develop this aspect by working in partnership with “Université des Passions”, and make the most of the presence of the course leaders and instructors.
We are happy to welcome each summer artists, professors, experts and talents with whom we wish to share our holidays. Regarding the course leaders and instructors, they are always happy to meet an enthusiastic and appreciative public, eager to learn and garner a greater knowledge of their particular area of expertise.
Contact our English-speaking team for further information: + 33 1 49 52 90 24
Use our search engine to browse through all of our courses.
Most of our instructors are French, and we have listed those who can lead courses in English and German. Depending of your level of language, feel free to join.
1. How much does a course cost? And several courses?
Nothing more than the village rate. The courses are made up of maximum 2 hour-modules per day, meaning they are easily stacked up without added fees. Our partner “Université des Passions” gives free and open access to all classes; hence there is no additional charge whether you do one, two or five courses!
2. How to book a course? Can I be sure of the dates?
The main principal of Faistesvacances is that it’s the passion that is exchanged and shared, not the subject matter itself. It is therefore imperative to meet and engage with the course leaders face to face. You sign up directly with them during the “Marché aux Stages” on Sunday morning, the day after your arrival. Bear in mind, it’s always a good idea to let yourself be surprised by trying something new! There can be new courses that become available but, inversely, as with all things human, there can be a change of date or cancellation of a course, the latter being rare (less than 5%).
3. How can I be sure that there will be space on a particular course?
All you have to do is start the “Marché aux Stages” by going straight to the stand corresponding to that course. Reservations cannot be made prior to this, so you are sure to have a place!
Contact our English-speaking team to learn more about our courses
How to get there ?
Club-Hôtel de L’Eau Rousse
Tél. : +18.104.22.168.08.98.
- Longitude : 45.499564
- Latitude : 6.453727
Warning ! the SatNav can show Doucy en Bauges instead of Doucy en Tarentaise. It’s a common error that could easily cost you an hour or so. Doucy-Combelouvière is the given name for Doucy-Tarentaise, a village linked to Saint Oyen and La Léchère.
How to get to Faistesvacances ?
• Head to Albertville via the A43 from Chambéry or the N212 from Annecy, follow the express lane RN90 towards Moûtiers (dual carriageway).
• Take exit 37 to La Léchère, Saint Oyen, Doucy-Combelouvière, Valmorel and Naves. From there you will arrive at the Club-Hôtel L’Eau Rousse where our team will be there to great you.
If you are not familiar with how this forum works, subscribe by sending us an email with your offer or demand to share a car with other holidaymakers.
If you expect to arrive after 7pm give us a call to arrange a meeting at reception.
• From the TGV train station “MOUTIERS-SALINS-BRIDES-LES-BAINS” then the TAXI-BUS at the exit for Doucy-Combelouvière.
To get to Doucy from the train station, we advise you to reserve the taxi-bus by contacting the company Deslandes on +33 (0)4 79 24 06 94. Be sure to mention that you are with Faistesvacances in order to share the cost with other holidaymakers arriving at the same time. The cost for a single passenger is 30€; it can be reduced to 10€ if you share with a group.
• Genève Cointrin airport (at 125 km) or Chambéry Aix-les-Bains (90 km).
Contact our English-speaking team to receive a brochure or book
Modes of payment
1. What are the conditions of payment?
In order to confirm your booking, a down payment of 30% is to be paid within 8 days of making your reservation. The balance is to be paid at the latest 30 days before the start of your holiday.
2. What are the accepted means of payment?
To pay for your holiday, the following possibilities are available:
Online by bank transfer or paypal
If you live in France
- By cheque, made payable to Faistesvacances and sent by post to:
1 rue Auguste Vacquerie
- By chèques vacances (uniquely available for those working in France)
- By cash, at our Paris office by appointment only.
3. Is it possible to cancel a booking?
You can cancel your booking free of charge up until 10 days before your holiday is due to start, for whatever reason, with no need to provide evidence. Anyway, the “Université des Passions” inscription is due.
Contact our English-speaking team